Friday 1 May 2009

A day at Tate Modern

I'm now sitting on the Tate Modern's roof terrace enjoying the sun. I've spent the morning exploring the exhibitions here. I started off with the Rodchenko & Popova exhibition. It was fairly interesting but I must say I preferred the earlier works. In particular I liked Rodchenko's explorations of the line. Spotted two paintings that I think my brother would like.

Their paintings' geometric patterns seemed to lend themself to weaving. Need to show them to Mom. I've got some ideas for curtains to the lounge. Diagonal lines with a floating grid ontop... I better start drawing before I forget the idea.

Next I went to see the Roni Horn exhibition. To be honest I knew nothing about her and her paintings didn't do much for me. However her photos did. She had some fantastic photos of water and a few very dreamy photos of the sea melting into a misty sky. They were superb. Need to go to the sea now for a new photo project.

So feeling all inspired I decided to continue with the permanent exhibitions. I now have even more ideas. I want to continue with creating mobiles and I want to make one hanging down the stairs. Perhaps lend some ideas from Rodchenko's constructions in plywood or use more of what you can find in the nature. Perhaps spray paint some interesting leaves and feathers mixed with driftwood. Hmm need to develop that idea a bit more.

Resting time is now up. One more floor to explore before a little bit of shopping. At least I've got my ideas written down. I'll keep you posted on any further developments.

1 comment:

Bliss said...

Check this leaf thingy out - pretty impressive. Perhaps something to add to the list of projects? :-)

http://blog.flickr.net/en/2009/05/04/land-art/