Wednesday 10 December 2008

Getting better

Yippie, I'm getting better! Felt rather miserable this morning so decided to stay in bed. Woke up again at 12 o'clock, just in time for the housekeeper to come and fill up the tissue boxes. The poor guy was so apologetic for coming in whilst I was there, even though I had put the green sign on the door. Anyway, the tissue box got stocked up :-)

Had some breakfast. Ian had bought me some bready thing from the Family mart in the basement. Interestingly the top half had butter spread in a thin layer and the bottom half had about 1/2 cm thick ribbon of butter. Luckily, it was easily removable.

So the day was more or less spent in the hotel room. More Japanese tv with bad American movies. Read half my book The children of Hurin by JRR Tolkien. I hope I will be able to find a book shop selling English books since that is the only book I brought...

Another amusement I had was to take photographs from our window. As our room is on the 32nd floor, we have pretty good views. And at one point the sun rays was very visible.

Feeling rather desperate this morning, I asked Ian to get me some cough medicines. After some looking he found a pharmacist. Obviously they didn't speak English so he had to mime what he was after. So now I've got a jar of some pills. I find it a bit suspicious that cough medicines come in tablet form. I think I will save them until I get really desperate. Until then, I'll just stick to my honey and coca cola.

I know, coca cola isn't the best of things. But it certainly helps sooth a tortured throat.

Anyway, as I said in the beginning, I'm now feeling better. So good that I went out with Ian for some dinner. Found a nice Thai place and had some lovely chicken with cashew nuts and beef with oyster sauce.

Time to try and get some sleep again. Hopefully I'll be feeling good enough for some sightseeing tomorrow!!!

No comments: