Sunday 9 August 2009

Final batch







It was time to put some more fruits into our rumtopft. We already had a pineapple that we wanted to add. Ian spotted some English plums in the Waitrose so we had to have those as well.





After cutting them up I let the fruit marinate in sugar for one hour. It is increadible. No matter how many times I do this, I always end up having suger all over the kitchen. So massive cleaning action whilst waiting.

It looked to be our last batch and in the last minute I remembered to add the raisins. They were lovely last year so we had to have them now as well.





When adding the fruits I quickly realised that there was far less space left then I thought. Oooops, ended up with far to much fruit and the pot filled to the brim. Guess we have to have some for dessert tonight.

Now the rumtopft will just sit there until Christmas. Yum!

1 comment:

hundenstina said...

Det kan ju bara bli jättegott med alla dessa härliga ingredienser ...
Hälsningar från ett soligt och jättevarmt Sweden ...