Wednesday 25 March 2009

It's all happening

Oops, it's been some time since my last blog. Sorry about that. A few things have happened since last. First of all, my project has been completed and is now adorning our kitchen window. The chillies look really amazing when they catch the sun. They almost become translucent and you can see the seeds inside. Obviously I had to photograph it.

Secondly, the spring has arrived! For two weeks now the weather has been lovely. Sunny, warm and generally pleasant. This means that our garden has come alive. It's all very exciting to see which plants will come up etc. Specially since this is our first spring/summer in the house.

I've been particulary keen to see how the bulbs I planted will do. And yes! a few weeks ago I saw the first purple crocuses appearing :-) Unfortunately the wind/frost got some of them pretty quickly, but not before I got a chance to photograph them.

Next in line where the daffodils. They been cheering us up for the past two weeks and are still going. The tulips is in the process of coming up and soon the flower bed will have some purple in it again.

The weekend saw a proper spring clean of the garden. Ian had fun laying grass turf and plant a hanging basket whilst I was tearing down the naugthy climbing plant (not ivy but it behaves like it) and ensuring all the weed and snails are non-existent. All very satisfying work. The garden looks so much nicer now.

That's it for me, soon time to get off the train. More photos of the garden will follow as it progresss...

1 comment:

hundenstina said...

Ser härligt ut med alla vackra vårblommor ...
Äntligen verkar våren vara på gång ... som man har längtat!!!
Jag gillar din fina mobil!!!
Hugs from your friend in Sweden.